Monday 28 April 2014

Website,Lighting and New Software

So recently i have been working away on my website after letting it get away from me for so long, this has been where most of my time has been set getting that in order so that i will soon be able to publish it and add a link here. The website will however be up and running in the next few days. Anyways from that i have been testing lighting inside of my level in UDK, testing what the prison cells will look like once the lighting is added. Even though these assets are going to be remade i did this for the moment as a sort of place holder, so that without spending time going back and recreating the assets now and loose track of getting the rest of the level created, i could have the cells in there for demo purposes. Below are the images of the cell block with lighting. Today i will be making the lighting for the alarms and the power cut sections and i will upload my progress with that at a later time.




















Now onto another thing that has been taking up alot of my time, recently i purchased the axis game factory and have been going about learning to use this. Im using this to create quick maps and levels for portfolio purposes, it is also giving me practice with terrain creation which will help when it comes to later points in the project when i need to create the levels on land.  I have only had the software over the last few days and haven't really gotten that far into building a level as i am still finding my way around the tools and the program. The images below are what i have created so far. I will also be working on this some more throughout the day and will upload my progress at a later point.

House 1

Back of the house

Variant 1

Variant 2

No comments:

Post a Comment